IMAA To Deliver The Industry’s ‘Greatest Show’ With New-Look Member Conference
The Greatest Media Show includes keynote speakers, CMOs and dynamic pitching from media industry leaders
Independent Media Agencies of Australia (IMAA), the national, not-for-profit industry association for the independent media agency industry, today announced its new-look member conference – The Greatest Media Show – a dynamic blend of keynote speeches, CMO insights and punchy pitches from industry leaders.
In a departure from its traditional format, this year’s IMAA conference will include critical insights from several notable speakers, along with opportunities for media industry leaders to showcase their offerings and insights to members via a six-minute power update with a high-impact elevator pitch, or in the ultimate ‘pitch-off’ – a rapid fire, fun battle of the publishers for their right to be on an agency’s media schedule.
The Greatest Media Show also takes to Melbourne and will be held at Hoyts Melbourne Central on Tuesday 20 February.
For the first time, the event will feature a CMO panel, moderated by Gravia CEO, Vivienne Ryan. The panel will bring together three accomplished marketers to engage in an open conversation on the challenges and opportunities that modern marketing departments encounter. Topics will include how independent agencies can assist in streamlining marketers’ responsibilities, effective strategies for marketers dealing with tight budgets, insights into anticipated marketing trends for 2024, and the secrets to fostering enduring, mutually beneficial relationships between agencies, marketers and business owners.
Industry leaders from Commercial Radio & Audio, Boomtown, IAB, Outdoor Media Association, ThinkTV and ThinkNewsBrands, along with media partner, Val Morgan, will be discussing the major changes and developments in their sectors and what agencies need to know in 2024.
Further keynote speakers include:
- Tom Pitney: the founder of youth media site Punkee and former strategy director at NewsCorp, Pitney founded AI agency AirStack last year. He will discuss how to navigate AI, with a focus on empowering brands, marketing leaders and agencies to harness emerging technology to work smarter, grow faster and accomplish more with less.
- Julia Vargiu: as the founder of New Business Methodology and the Australian Director of SI Partners, a global consultancy, advising creative and technology businesses on how to achieve maximum value for shareholders, new business is a science for Vargiu. Over her 25-year career, she has advised thousands of agency CEOs on how to win more business from current and future clients – without relying on pitching. She will share insights on the critical costs of unprofitable pitching.
- James Zipeure: renowned for his expertise in commercial sustainability, AI transition and operational advocacy, Zipeure has been a catalyst for change across APAC, Australia and the UK. He is the founder of Exact AI, revolutinising industry workplace productivity by focusing on value creation, leveraging AI and automation for task management. He is also a dedicated advocate for mental health reform within the media industry.
- David Fish: a globally recognised strategist, business leader and record-breaking pilot. Fish is a renowned chief strategy officer, collaborating with some of the world’s largest advertisers, global agency networks, and media sales houses. He is also a British and Australian aviation champion and commercial pilot.
- Chris Savage: one of Asia Pacific’s pre-eminent public relations, marketing and communications industry leaders. The founder of Ogilvy PR, Savage is the COO of STW Group, one of Australia’s leading marketing content and communications groups. He is also the founder of The Savage Company – a growth advisory firm.
There will also be a Seven Network high profile personality who will join the speaker line-up to be announced soon.
Following the event formalities, QMS will host an after party for all attendees.
QMS General Manager Independent & Direct Sales, David Pullinger, said: “We are excited to once again be hosting ‘The Greatest Media Show’ after party with the IMAA, in what is becoming an out of the ordinary event on the media calendar. We look forward to an afternoon of great connection and celebration of the significance of our independent agencies.”
IMAA CEO, Sam Buchanan, said: “We are so excited to launch our first-ever Greatest Media Show. Just like its title, this conference is designed to be fast-paced, dynamic and entertaining – we really want to invigorate our members and get them excited for the year ahead.
“This year’s event offers not only a stellar line-up of speakers, but an opportunity for our industry leaders and media partners to directly engage with our members in a way that is witty and light-hearted, but still highly informative.
“The Greatest Media Show is the perfect way to kick off a busy 2024 for both the IMAA and our members – I look forward to seeing our agency members, media executives, and industry partners and associations gathered in Melbourne.”
For further information contact:
Third Avenue Consulting
0408 774 577
About Independent Media Agencies Australia
The IMAA was established in February 2020 as a new, national industry body that represents Australia’s independent media agencies. The IMAA promotes the benefits of working with independent media agencies, build awareness and respect for the sector, create a knowledge sharing forum and help build the Australian economy through supporting 100% Australian owned businesses. https://www.theimaa.com.au